Sunday, March 1, 2009

Local club tourney

Seeded 8th (of 8) in my division, I finished third with 4-2, -84, and will get a nice bump in my rating.

Highs and lows for the day included:

1.) a loss where I managed to keep the score within 25 points even though my opponent drew 9 of the power tiles.

2.) a stomping by the #3 seed. (One of those " he beat me by more than I scored" games. Though not my lowest ever tourney score, it was certainly the largest spread for a lost game.)

3.) two wins from a guy I had never beaten at the club.

4.) a strong win over the #2 seed.

5.) seeing one of our newer club players (who had an extremely rocky start in tournament Scrabble) finish second in her division.

All in all, a good day, (except for the stomping). Next stop, Elyria, OH in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment